Sunday, March 14, 2010

Trompe L'oeil

ChinnyPea says:
"Woo! New jacket! Haven't had a huge fangirl squealing fit in a while. Sure felt good to have one when I saw you this evening.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that jacket! You know I have a thing for white or colours close to white.

And those running stitches! Looks like one of those designer pieces (can't remember the label or the season) on which black dotted lines are drawn for that trompe l-oeil effect. Can't get enough of the stitches on the almost calico-like fabric. The rawness...OOOOOH!

Can't help wondering if you're wearing it inside-out on purpose. If you are, very clever, I'd say!"

ChinnyEm says: "You were absolutely correct in predicting that I'd love this jacket ChinnyPea! YES YES it's like calico! Reminds me of this exhibition I saw at NGV which featured the calico patterns of, if I remember correctly, Pierre Berge's dresses. But anyway this is amazing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eccentrics welcomed.